Thursday, July 31, 2008

THE LAST GOODBYE

....


I've been thinking about Aimar a lot this past week.

Maybe because I've been spending a lot of time with little Al E, but Aimar always seem to be in my mind.

Every evening he'd be the first to greet me at the door when I come home from a long day at work.

He'd just come and sit beside me whenever I was feeling low.

We'd play hide and seek.

He liked durians so much.

Despite his illness, he remained strong and eagerly welcomed me when I made my visits. The hospital was his second home. The doctors adored him. Aimar and I had fun delivering the Christmas basket that December morning.

I held back tears when I had to leave him to move to Miri.

....

"He's gone, dear. Two weeks ago. I'm so sorry."

I'm stumped. My heart sank.

It's for real now. The last goodbye.

break

2 comments:

Nilesh Timbadia said...

I wanted to ask you but did not find right timing. When you were taking about Aimar a few days back,your eyes watered up a little. I know how you feel, I am not sure when you heard the news. Your are always welcome to my home, play with Al E, chill out, mourn, whatever, anytime.

macK said...

i didn't even realize that.

but thanks for the thought.