Friday, March 02, 2007

THE SIDEWINDER SLEEPS TONIGHT


Being able to enjoy a real good night's sleep is a rare thing to me nowadays. I haven't had the luxury to tuck myself in and become lost in Dreamland for more than 4 hours on a daily basis. It's becoming quite irritating, waking up at 4 like clockwork and finding myself tossing and turning, I even switch off my alarm long before it screams for me at 6.30 a.m. I wondered if my tossing and turning will actually tire me back to sleep. Then I found out it didn't. I attempted so many other things, warm milk before bed etc. etc. to my disappointment.

Yesterday I resorted to something else though: fooling my own biological clock (at least that's how I see it). I stayed up late until about 2.00 a.m., flipping through channels while being on the internet until my eyelids became unbearably heavy. I went to bed eager for a fresh start the next day. Wait. Late night? Fresh start? They don't normally complement each other, do they? Not this morning. I woke up at 6.30 of course, with a slight sense of accomplishment.

Groggy.

There's some karaoke going on in the neighbourhood, must be some party. People taking their shots in real singing competitions suck sometimes. This is no competition, and sadly everybody suck. If I were to join them, I would suck anyway. But maybe I'd rather be there thinking I was having a blast instead of being stuck up here having to endure bad singing.

Perhaps, a break from MTV will do me good and the excruciating sound from people down below serves as an unwelcome lullaby. Just for tonight.

The Doors got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this week. Google if it sounds unfamiliar.

No comments: