Monday, March 19, 2007

YELLOW SUBMARINE


I've been tagged.

So, the objective of this 'game' is fairly simple. Anybody who got tagged has to list down 7 weird things about themselves in their blog besides stating the rules clearly. So basically, it's a bare all exercise for the rest of the world to take pleasure in. If you notice that people start looking at you differently (why do I have the feeling that people will avoid me after this), don't get too alarmed, it's just because they haven't been tagged!

In order for this to carry on, after completing your list, you'll have to tag 7 other people, list down their names, leave them a 'you are tagged' message or something in their blog/website and don't forget to get them to read yours.

My List:

Freaky Stuff # 1

You know how you should look the person in the eye when you talk to them? I have this tendency to look down after first engaging eye to eye. Not THAT far down. I look at their teeth! It's strange but I just cannot help myself. It's a bit rude, I know, sorry. Normally it won't be obvious to the other person (I'm too short for you to notice what I'm doing). After that I start to wonder how this person manages their oral hygiene. I have met a few individuals who are naturally blessed with a perfect set of whites (I just love them straightaway). Others I can tell have put extra effort in maintaining them (very good) while the rest, well, I'd swear that I'll just look only once but a peculiar habit dies hard. Doesn't matter how crooked they are, as long as they're taken care of. Myself, I brush 3 times a day (taking at least 3 minutes every time), floss & gargle. If I miss one, I start to get nervous. When I eat something I know is smelly enough it stinks a kilometer away, I'd feel so uncomfortable that I'll run to the nearest convenient store to get breath mints. Otherwise, I'll just refrain from talking too much.


Freaky Stuff # 2

I've got this thing with numbers. I don't like odd numbers, unless they're a multiple of 5. A string of numbers has to be in proper order too. I have to put my stereo volume at 10 or 14 or 6. Never in 13, 7 or 19. I don't care if it's a bit too loud or too soft. I look at number plates on cars all the time too (which is also why I don't like things on my dashboard; too much distraction). I wince when I see 6266 or 7591; I'd imagine my preferred combination that would be 6226 and 7595 respectively I didn't like the number on my old car, but I didn't have a choice so I couldn't change it. I'd just constantly remind myself that 4527 is the same as 99. Weird eh?


Freaky Stuff # 3

A lot of people perceive me to be the silent type. When I start expressing myself, they raise an eyebrow because they're not used to my sudden antiques. Never be afraid to step out of your comfort zone, it keeps you sane. There's this stretch of road to my house that's so bumpy, I'll imagine myself in a rally and start moving my body in every direction, like being thrown back and forth in the seat. Other road users will give me that peculiar look. Strangely, there are also times when I manage to convince my passengers to do the same. It's fun! Really!

My sister is still confused whether I've gone bonkers when I do it.

Freaky Stuff # 4

I only sleep on my side. I can never sleep peacefully on my back. One reason is because my knee hurts if I lie on my back too long, the other reason is because it'll block my airway, I'll snore/snort and I'll wake up from my slumber instantly.

Freaky Stuff # 5

I can twist my tongue. I haven't met anybody else who does it. I'd be delighted if I did. It's not the same as rolling the tongue; that I cannot do.

Freaky Stuff # 6

I'll always look for an excuse to get a new pair of shoes. Even no excuse is an excuse. I haven't found a good pair of red pumps yet. Half of the shoes are still kept neatly in their respected boxes, those I wear once in a blue moon or I bought because I won't like other people wearing them instead of me. There are a handful that I wear everyday until they're worn out, and then I'll be shoe hunting again. What bliss!

Freaky # 7

In my life, I've tried eating a snake, a frog, ulat mulung (details here), among others (things I get to experience when I go back to my grandparents' kampung). But I'll never, ever touch a rabbit.


So there, I'm done! Do they register as 'odd'?

And finally, here's a list of people I'm tagging.

1. Sal - coz she wasn't in the previous list
2. Raz - coz she wasn't in the previous list
3. Kak Azah - I like to see her frown on this ;D
4. Nick - it'd be interesting to see him write something different in his journal
5. Klev - just to torture him
6. Sam - coz he's a lecturer, so it'll be fun
7. Jos - coz she talks about food and posts all those yummy pictures everytime and it makes me hungry!

I'm evil. But I didn't start this ok?

Come on peeps, be a good sport. Take your time and enjoy.

11 comments:

cyique said...

i think we did no 3 together..pasal gigi tu nanti bila i jumpa u i nak pakai mask..hhheheheheh

macK said...

LOL....we did, didn't we? hey, let's do it again! this time put more feel to it.

cyique said...

i dont know bout u but i had fun doin that..betul la u punyer jalan tu, memang badan nak kena menyenget baik punyer..

macK said...

i suddenly miss my old tiny car...

macK said...

or is it 'tiny old car'? ;P

cyique said...

what r u driving now, if u don't mind me asking la? n suddenly i miss makan roti canai kat kedai belakang umah u..

macK said...

i don't eat there anymore qin....just not the same :( got to travel further for roti canai nowadays. oh, bought a chevy a couple of years back.

cyique said...

chevy, gud car tapi spare part dia agak mahal kat msia kan?harap u ada bengkel yg bagus for it..hai, kancil u n kete wawa adalah antara kete pertama yg i blaja kat kl..banyak kenangan ooo

macK said...

so far the bengkel i've been sending my car to is great. It's got a good reputation. and yeah, i miss the good ol times too. i remember annuar test drove it at the library's carpark, past midnite!

cyique said...

and i remember zai menjerit bila anuar bawak giler2 kat car park library. ada sorang lagi dalam kete tu tapi i tak ingat saper..wassit u or salha? i kat luar tengok jer ngan chin peng n the gang

macK said...

since it was my car potentially ending up in the ditch at 3 in the morning so yes, i assume it must be me...;P