Monday, January 28, 2008

CHANGES

....we're going through changes....


Hugging my best friend at the airport today, I choked.

The dreaded moment when you thought you have everything you want to say for the last time etched in your mind, things you want to say before it's too late; and the next thing you know they just disintegrate into oblivion. Your mind shuts off for a split second and you're finding yourself searching for those words in desperation. And yet the words refuse to come out.

Like a big silent 'poooofffffff....' in my head.

Our goodbye hugs will almost indefinitely give that effect on me. All of a sudden I become this dumb fool wishing I can hold on to that moment for a bit longer because of the realization that it doesn't come easily.

My dearest, dearest friend, what I wanted to say to you: -

....Please take care of yourself. I hope the phase is merely that, a phase. Change is good, but let it be a change for the better....and a happier you.
....Thanks for your time. It's an unexpected visit, but it certainly is good to have you flying in instead. Doesn't matter if it was only for a short while.
....Even through it all, I'm always on your side.
....Most importantly, I guess I'm gonna have to miss you all over again....

At least until your next visit.

break

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks of take of him sis..miss u so much..hugs!!

Lynn

macK said...

he survived the jungles himself just fine ;)