Sunday, May 04, 2008

P.D.A (WE JUST DON'T CARE)

....the boys and I....


When things aren't happening the way you want it, it's good to have friends who

....don't mind sharing a blanket with you (or maybe 3 persons sharing a duvet cover) on a freaking cold night in the middle of the jungle,

....become permanent in-house storytellers when there's nothing else to do (except jump into the river and freeze your nuts off, and feeding a leech or two while you're at it) ,

....are there to tend to your blisters every single time,

....surprise you with their antics when you least expect it and have good ROTFL moments together,

....step into the river with you to push the boat when the water is at its shallowest, enjoying it,

....giving up their ciggies so that you can chuck tobacco in your shoes to keep the leeches away (must remember to have the home-made anti-leech spray ready for next time),

....share the load with you, or in some cases, carry your load for you,

....appear so serious and act like they don't care but actually have so much concern about you,

....keep you entertained by making fun of others who actually did manage to fall asleep when you can't get a minute of shut-eye yourself,

....attempt to do yoga poses with you by the river,

....never leave you behind.


With them around, not being able to climb the Pinnacles ain't that a big deal.

So how can I not love these boys?


....A big shout out to Mr. SmugglerMan, The Sweeper (honouring the request of not including the dreaded 'L' word), The Bleeder, Serious Sirius Black and my Buddy Wuddy. But we'll definitely return to complete our mission, sooner or later.

Smurfet(?)

break

2 comments:

Nil said...

Hi Mack, When I was in my twenties, I often had my sight set on goals and destinations and where I wanted to be. However, in my mature years (my thirties :-P), I have realized and come to believe that the journey to the destination has a lot to offer. I am glad that your journey to the Pinnacles was great and I see that you learned and enjoyed many life lessons. I am sure that your goal to reach the peak of the Pinnacles will be achieved, I have no doubt in my mind... until then enjoy the journey.

So, bila nak jemput saya naik ke Bukit Canada?

macK said...

Thanks. I always know that I have good friends around who are always there for me, just that maybe sometimes you get distracted for wanting other things and overlook the good when it's right in front of you. Real time off with friends is sometimes a rarity, so this I shall cherish as well. Canada Hill? Nanti I'll let you know :)