Saturday, March 13, 2010

SOUTHERN SUN

- Paul Oekenfold -


Lazy Saturday and loving it.

Unlike previous days, I finally managed to sleep in peace, thank God! Woken up this morning to the sound of passing trucks and noisy children that didn't irritate me at all! I even took time checking my e-mails and Facebooking, if that's not waking up fresh, I don't know what is.

Neither one of the boys are free today so I decided to have my own R&R, doing some of the things I've been thinking about in my own space and time. Off I went to meet Damien once again, and as usual, Damien does not disappoint me with his impressive dexterity with his scissors. If anybody would say that there's not much you can do with short dos, well, come see me and I'll introduce you to Damien. I should demand for more discount for expanding his list of clientele. For a second there I actually thought of doing something girlie, hmmm, a manicure? A second is also how long it took for me to scrap the idea.

Any lazy Saturday must include a trip to the bookstore and the CD store before I can dare say that the day feels complete. Duncan Sarkies' Two Little Boys tickles me every turn of a page and I was beyond delight that I finally found Sia at a local CD shop. So happy I was that I made friends with the speckled-faced dude behind the counter.

He wrote his name on a card; 'Stephen'. "There's this old man that calls me Amir, it's so weird" he exclaimed.

"Just make sure you remember who I am", I said to him.

"Aiyah, you of course I remember-lah", showing his missing tooth. I thought to myself that he would more because I sat there for an hour sampling a pile of CDs, he's just delighted that I was actually buying.

My last stop before heading back home; to pick up the tickets for KC and I to catch Placebo next Tuesday. A minor glitch in the system almost convinced me that what they say is true - nothing can be perfect....until finally the whir of the aged printing machine broke the awkward silence, rather reluctantly, and I wasn't sure who was more relieved, the girl selling it or me. I quickly texted KC about my major achievement of the day.

I'm still in the hunt for The Czars album. I'll save that for another lazy Saturday.

break 

2 comments:

Ser said...

Nice...Glad you had a good day ..

macK said...

thanks ser, i'm sure you had a good one too.