Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MUMBAI THEME TUNE

- A.R. Rahman -


I haven't blogged in this space for a while, I know. It's rather tricky when you are in the mercy of whatever bandwidth is available on the go and at the same time, there are other matters to attend to: calls and updates to folks back home, photo uploads, blog posts in the other website, catch ups with my reading, plans for the weekends....the fiancee may have caught the tummy bug and for a few days now has been feeling a tad under the weather so most of my attention is towards his well-being; making an appointment with the doctor, etc. etc. My sabbatical days are filled productively.


At 11 a.m. this morning I was still half asleep and I thought how in the world would I ever re-adjust to my pre-travel days, when at 7 a.m. I'd be at the door ready for work. Probably never but the idea of squeezing a little extra time at home every morning is nowadays more and more attractive.


It's cold here in Nairobi today, 18 degrees out. As I continue my duty on this gloomy day, I leave you with this photo.



The grinning lion, Ngorongoro Crater, June 2011


As sheepish as mine.

No comments: