Monday, July 02, 2007

BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER

....the shortest weekend....


After all of life's little drama the past week, I packed my bags and flew to KL to spend time with people whom I care.


Friday, 29th June 2007

But of course, being a drama magnet, I just had to go through it one last time before I'm even allowed to have some peace and quiet I longed for.

My flight was cancelled: TWICE! The 7.00 p.m. flight was first pushed to 9.20 p.m. and when I entered the boarding hall, surprise, surprise. It was announced that it has been 'retimed' to 10.10! Nicer way to say it was delayed? Blimey, I'll arrive at midnight!

I slept almost all the way. Excitement has turned into impatience and frustration. I was practically dragging my feet on the tarmac as I walked to the terminal. Then, the wait for my luggage. If I knew, I would'nt have checked it in. Then again, if I knew....

Two handsome young men were waiting for me at the gate. Or was I just dreaming it? I couldn't distinguish the faces among the crowd. I suddenly realized I forgot to put my glasses on too. But when they rushed over to give me the biggest and warmest of hugs, I knew I was finally safe home.

I wished that I didn't have to let go.

Nat drove us home that early morning, despite her having prior arrangements to attend a gathering of some sort. I opened the door to my house, it felt like I never left. But there's also a heaviness in my heart I cannot ignore. A sense of familiarization, but dread. Serenity but doubt.

4 a.m. - Something woke me up. Thoughts just started to stream in. I sat myself up on the couch and looked out the window. I took a deep breath and forced myself back to sleep. I'm not about to give in.


Saturday, 30th June 2007

Breakfast with Kak Azah and Zaini. I've been missing them so much. We spent time after breakfast just walking around the mall, killing time.

Afternoon: I took a cab to The Curve to hang out with Nat. Some stupid cab driver wanted to rip me off of RM55 to drive me there. The nerve! I ended up taking another cab and only being charged RM13! I paid him RM15.

Without having much time to go home and change, I headed straight to One Utama after that for my little reunion with Sal and Raz. Our grand reunion turned into only us three having dinner in Ms Read. Nobody else showed up. Sal and I flew all the way so naturally it was a bit disappointing. But we had a great time. We vowed never to organize anything, ever again.


Sunday, 1st July 2007

Exactly 8 a.m. I got a knock on my door. I didn't quite expect it, but it was a pleasant surprise nonetheless. Klev made it on time for our big Sunday Starbucks breakfast we missed so much. And he came with a small gift neatly tied with a red ribbon he actually did himself. Neat! Wonder why that is such a big deal? Attempting a Tifanny & Co. bow for the first time till the wee hours of the morning just doesn't sound like it was a breeze.




....the big breakfast....




....Aretha Franklin I thought would never again appear back into my life after one Friday the 13th....


We headed to KLCC also with another mission in hand. Who would have thought that finding a birthday gift could be this tricky! But then again, we did find the time in between to actually do our own window shopping, at least it kept us sane (remember those insanely chunky wedges?), if not we would've ended wrecking our brains! Last touch-up; gift-wrapping over sandwich. Multi-tasking is the game. Mission accomplished.




....at last! Fine, I didn't have the chance to take a picture of it myself so I just grabbed it from ManjaKid himself....


I was dropped off at Bangsar after that to meet up with Lyn. Sweet Lyn gave a surprise of a 1 1/2 hour massage session at her spa! Just what I needed badly these days. I'm never going to forget it. The whole gang then headed to Sakae Sushi for an early dinner before my flight to Kuantan (Yes, work awaits me still). Syima was also there. We laughed, we ate (a lot), we gossiped, we didn't realized that it was already late!

I missed the flight to Kuantan at 8.10 p.m. Had to take the next one scheduled at 9.45 p.m. And lo and behold; 'retimed' to 10.45 p.m.!

The drama just never stops.


Kak Azah & Zaini - It was really good to catch up with you. I'm going to miss you.

Raz & Sal - Well, I guess the reunion's back to being us as usual. But I had no regrets. Thanks also to Acum for showing up.

Nat - Take care over there, dear. Enjoy your book!

Klev - Where do I start? Appreciate every second of your precious time you're willing to spend. Always know that I'm never too far away.

Teoh - My favourite Manjakid. Hope you like the early birthday gift. All hugs.

Lyn - You are the bomb, lady! Lots of love.

Syima - Girl, behave! :D I'm going to miss you.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie..time 2 short for us to have a great time dat weekend..i'm happy u r back even just 2 days..anyway have a great day and take..big hugs from me...i'm gonna miss u...muackss

sunshine said...

okay,sis...gonna miss u too.. :)

macK said...

girls, i really wished i could spend more time with you. it was just too short, we didn't have time to really talk. i hope it'll be different next time around. love you all. and i miss you already.

M@njAkid said...

of course i do!!!! the bow looks nice! *wink at hobbes

macK said...

uh oh....hobbes is not taking away all the credit from u is he? ;)

M@njAkid said...

no no.. comparing with the 'tifanny' bow.. hahhaha