Friday, March 11, 2011

SEE THE LIGHT

- Green Day -


I am ready. I am packed, I have one foot out the door.

But I am not feeling too excited.

The 8.9 earthquake that struck the north-eastern part of Japan left me speechless as the images of the huge tsunami barrelling its way across the land and gobbling up everything in its path is being repeated endlessly on the telly. Both Wade and Sebastien in Tokyo have reported that they are fine to much relief. Japan is no stranger to earthquakes but this is said to be the worse, I continue to watch in horror. I was reminded of the tsunami that hit the Indian Ocean one Boxing Day in 2004, how helpless I felt but thankful at the same time.

This is the second major earthquake to hit in a matter of one month, the previous one brought Christchurch down to its knees. 

Panic makes good TV and I am sure most people who deal with this deal with this calmly, orderly and to their ability yet I am humbled by the forces of nature.

No comments: