Monday, December 05, 2005

TALK SHOWS ON MUTE

....20 days to Christmas....


16,000 unemployed graduates in Malaysia to date (Did I get my figures correct? This is, by the way, old story)....but I think I can imagine why....after reading this, you too, will get the idea.

Case in hand.....mind you....THIS IS A TRUE STORY....

One sunny day, a well-dressed, smart looking young lad came over to (one) college (in Miri) for an interview as (get this) a lecturer. Now, before I tell you more, allow me to enlighten you a bit on his background....a UiTM graduate from West Malaysia, single, (maybe) late 20s.

Standard procedure: an Employment Form has to be filled up.

So, this form requires you to answer the usual questions: Name, Address, Age, Education etc. etc. etc.

But, to two particular (very, very, very simple) questions, read on....

QUESTION 1: Expected Salary?
GRADUATE'S SMART ANSWER TO QUESTION 1: YES


(Here's the punchline, I just love this part)

QUESTION 2: Sex?
GRADUATE'S REALLY SMART ANSWER TO QUESTION 2: SOMETIMES (????!!!!!!!)

There you go, and we are still bewildered by the numbers???


* True story was told by my good brother, who underwent his practical training back then. Laughed our heads off when we heard it. Still do. Not my intention to give anybody a bad name. It's just reality....

1 comment:

cyique said...

Biar betul!!!
I selalu ingat citer ni lawak2 jer. Adui malunyer...