Sunday, March 07, 2010

SUNDAY MORNING

- Maroon 5 -

....it's something else....


I found myself humming to Sunday Morning this sunny day while making coffee for myself, Deb and Wade. Today's going to be a wonderful day and I could feel it. Wade and I started getting busy in the kitchen (I think he didn't even brush his teeth before efficiently picking a spot in the kitchen, and yes, I mean cooking). My friends were invited over for lunch that I thought Wade would like to get to know so yesterday we agreed to, how Wade describes it, make this a 'collaborative effort'. I ended up just watching Wade making hummus and bake a pumpkin. I only came up with the dessert and at the last minute, decided to prepare butter rice. Wade was gracious to let me get away with it :) Everything was ready and Shington and the Timbadias came. After a quick formal introduction, we sat there at the dining table; hummus and tortilla bread, baked pumpkin, butter rice, baked brown sugar and mint pineapple, wine, Harry Connick Jr., and just talking. Then the Billionaire box was taken out of the cabinet and that was it. I don't remember the last time I played it with friends until the wee hours but I'm reminded how much fun it was today. I was drenched at the end, I couldn't stand the adrenalin. Inevitably I had to say goodbye to all of them but this week started on a good note and I'm happy about it.

Michal is also back in the neighbourhood from his trip from Indonesia and I'm hoping to meet up again after hosting him the week before. Quite a different character from Wade the quiet, seemingly shy language teacher, Michal's a slightly goofy Energizer bunny with a thing for reggae (I find unusual even now). That was the weekend I had a taste of Polish vodka and Polish rock music and I think I quite dig it. The Polish reggae I just didn't get.

I started participating in this project a skeptic. Yes, I was excited to be a part of it but wasn't sure whether I can pull it off, especially welcoming strangers into my home and hosting, decently at the very least. I was determined to rediscover as much as I can about Kuala Lumpur to be able to tell Surfers which places they should not miss, local flavours they should try. By getting to know these people, I was hoping that I'd learn about their culture, their language, their history, and they would learn about mine. I never did dwell too seriously into such things but from whatever time I spent with them, I found something else, something better.

I found interesting individuals that I wouldn't imagine I'd meet. New friends I found not through work, which is a big, positive leap. Kind souls and insightful thoughts on life's perspectives. Above all, it has been a great experience and utter satisfaction. Signing up took a while, but it was an easy decison when I finally did.

I hope that after this, they'll too, regard me not only as another host in KL, but a friend.


Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would bring me back to you
That someday it would bring me back to you


That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave


Fingers trace your every outline
Paint a picture with my hands
Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm
Change the weather still together when it ends


That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave


But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
Sunday morning rain is falling and I'm calling out to you
Singing someday it'll bring me back to you
Find a way to bring myself home to you


And you may not know
That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow?

break

2 comments:

Nil said...

It was a good sunday, need more of this.

macK said...

definitely