Thursday, December 23, 2010

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU

- Mariah Carey -


Did I tell you about the surprise gone wrong?

I think it was Independence Day weekend and I flew back to Miri to surprise my Mom, she wasn't expecting me. So there I was standing jovially and patiently in front of the gate, waiting for Mom to open it. Several minutes passed and still no sign of anybody, not even a shadow through the glass door and windows. That's when Jen from next door came out informing me that nobody's home. I called Mom and she was in Bintulu, a good 3 hours away! I laughed at myself, Mom laughed at me, saying how silly I was. Lucky my friends were willing to hang out with me another few hours. Needless to say, there were no more surprises of the sort ever again, at least not with Mom. Until today.



....KL Sentral 23.12.2010....

Debra missed her flight last Saturday and she told Mom that she won't make it for Christmas. But she actually booked the same flight as me and we purposely didn't tell Mom Deb's coming home. Mom's expecting some random backpacker to spend Christmas with us.

When Deb appeared Mom didn't think it was funny at first.

Few minutes later we were sipping tea.

There aren't any presents this year, no Christmas tree, this is the time we'll just be chilling out and catching up.

Then there'll be time to spend with friends.

There'll be time for frisbee at the beach.

Time with Little Jen next door (who's of course not little anymore)

Time to reflect on a pretty awesome year.

break

1 comment:

Nil said...

The biggest time I surprised my parents was when I returned from US for good. They had no idea I was coming back and definitely no inclination I was back for good. 20 years have now passed. I have had many times surprised people and it's always wonderful. I'm just trying to think of a time when I was surprised and unfortunately can't think of one right now. Will have to go ask wifey to jog my memories. Blessed Christmas and Merry New Year. When you pass my ole place in Luak, save a memory of the good times there.