Friday, November 11, 2011

THE TIMES THEY ARE A-CHANGIN'

- Bob Dylan -




In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. - Aaron Rose
Photo taken in Kota Kinabalu, October 2011


This photo came to mind this morning as I was lying down getting ready for my MRI, looking up at the ceiling where several light panels were displaying blue skies. As though I was looking at a tiny cropped section of this photo. Today is 11.11.11. My appointment was at 11 a.m. I was at the hospital.

Have you watched the movie Face Off? You know the scene where the little kid was listening to Olivia Newton-John's Somewhere Over The Rainbow on his earphones while everybody else was fiercely shooting away? It felt like the movie, staying still as much as I could, but I was listening to Jon Secada. 'Just another day' he sang.

Just another day.

********

Many months have passed since I last wrote. “Hello world” would sound rather pallid.

I'm back in Malaysia. Back to routine. Not exactly a transition that I was too excited about, and yet it didn't feel completely unnatural too.


And for those many months, I’ve seen the passing of many faces of prominence – Maathai, Steve (Yes, like the rest of the masses I’m delusionally on first name basis with this one), Ghadafi.


Times they are a changin', history unfoldin'.


The civil signing will be held one month from now. The Tayabalis will be here in KL for the first time. They'll be meeting my family for the first time. It'll be a weekend getaway together for us for the first time. 


Happy days with strawberries and chocolate sprinkles. I think I'll manage.

2 comments:

Shaista said...

You bet your cotton socks and bottom dollars you'll manage! We shall all take care of you.
Beautiful magical post, love the quote and might just wrap my own blog post today with those words...
Keep writing girl, keep inspiring.

macK said...

ditto kiddo!