Saturday, November 17, 2007

CRAWLING


I looked down at the crumpled cab ticket in my hand, it’s 1.30 a.m. I’m in the middle of nowhere.

I held on to it more tightly, just in case anything happens to me in this ride, somebody might find the ticket with the cab number and time stamped on it. The time of my disappearance. A case of paranoia strikes yet again.

Flight’s been retimed twice. Originally scheduled to take-off at 7.00 p.m., I only found myself uncomfortably sandwiched in the middle seat on the plane at 10.45 p.m.

Weary, disorientated, I just sat at the back seat of the cab, counting the minutes until I got home.

The old driver at one point, started sighing non-stop and breathing quite heavily, I swear he was having a heart attack.

Didn’t bother to shower. My bags on the side of my sofa, I fell asleep, there and then.

It’s 2 a.m.


break

No comments: