Thursday, February 07, 2008

EDGE OF THE OCEAN


I stood at the edge of my bed for a few seconds before grabbing my keys and went out the door.

"I need to get some fresh air", I told my aunt.

Be right back.

My iPod playing my favourite playlist, wearing my pink Benettons (seriously, they are), I went for a drive down to the beach. There, I picked a spot and sat there watching the sun go down slowly and everything revolving around me. The man playing kite with his kid, the girls trying to catch the crabs, friends who are just there to hang out.

The ocean goes as far as the eyes can see, its gentle ripples caressing the beach, so calming yet so full of life.

I'm taking in as much as I can, as long as I can. I'm thinking of the person on the other side of the ocean who might be feeling the same. The emotion was just indescribable I am lost in words.

On the way back, I stopped by for a cone sundae.

It was perfect.

break

No comments: