Thursday, February 07, 2008

WONDERFUL

....nothing less....


It's 1:19 a.m. in the morning. Here I am blogging on my bed when I'm supposed to be in slumber because tomorrow (or rather, today) I'm going for an early morning hike. My mind just keeps on churning thoughts.

Why is it that more often than not, we only meet the people who potentially will have an impact on our lives just a moment too late and under unfavourable circumstances?

....

I thought I'd be all alone this holiday; a long weekend without much to do, anticipating the most fun days to be filled with reruns of Will & Grace on DVD. That's far from the truth, as I have just got back from maybe one of the best evenings, ironically with someone whom is not from the usual circle of friends.

At 10:00 p.m. we were chilling out having a cuppa, listening to the iPod and yapping about TLC, how Left-Eye died, thongs, Christina and washboard abs (come to think of it, the topics seem a little....queer, in every sense of the word) ;P

(Un)fortunately, nature's call came at exactly 12:00 and we were forced to discontinue our chill out session to head for the loo.

And that's when the fireworks started.

.....

I concluded that Miri folks can be so filthy rich. Never have I seen on a Chinese New Year's eve anywhere a display of fireworks wherever I turned, I couldn't keep pace! And the best place to catch all that, oddly, was at the parking space in front of one of the hotels in town, only because we missed the turn to go up Canada Hill to watch from there. It didn't stop for another half-hour, my neck started to hurt by looking up that long but I was too mesmerized, and got caught in the moment.

Just the right time, the right company, the right place make a whole load of difference, especially when you least expect it. I miss those.

Andy, if you ever get to read this, here's one for you :)

(And you were right, nothing beats being with your best friends at times like these, but you made me forget that I miss their company. It's all I need. And it was possible because of you.)


If I were to die this mornin'
Would you tell me things that you wouldn't have?
Would you be my navigator?
Would you take me to a place we could hide?

As I'm fallin' out
I wonder what I lost
Must be movin' on
Know you'll be safe but not alone

I wanna ask you to forgive me
I haven't been the best with all that I had
Wish I'd only laid beside you
I think I spread myself a little too thin

As I'm fallin' out
I wonder what I lost
Must be movin' on
Know you'll be safe but not alone

You're the everything
That led me to believe
"Hold on, hold on"

You're the wonder in everything
That's wonderful

....

It doesn't look good for me now. I may have to leave Miri in May.

Just when I thought I'll be doing just fine.


break

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amoi, happy CNY to you lah. I wonder if THE BOSS (rich chinaman) also has giant fireworks.

Anonymous said...

Amoi, happy CNY to you lah. I wonder if THE BOSS (rich chinaman) also has giant fireworks.

macK said...

hey, happy CNY to you too lah....which, reminds me, it's time to get the amoi top out of the closet again :)