Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I AM NOT MY HAIR


Once there was a little girl.

"I will go wherever my two tiny feet will bring me", she said, "and do everything my fragile body will allow, and give whatever my small hands could offer."

But then she looked into the mirror, and saw her crooked smile.

She saw her flaw.

"Will they accept me, or will they turn away?"

Days gone by and she did all she can to get rid of that crooked smile, and she thought she has. She's more than happy to forget about her little flaw, explore the world, live the moment, knowing by now that the value of what she gives does not depend on the size of her palms but the sincerity of her heart.

But one day, friends that she thought she loves started reminding her of her crooked smile. Her flaw. They laughed about it. Talked about it. Whispered about it.

It became one joke too many.

"Why did I ever bothered," she finally asked herself.

"When my crooked smile is what they'll forever see."

Maybe, just maybe, she just started to realize she doesn't belong after all.

break

2 comments:

Nilesh Timbadia said...

Such a sad story but sometimes we are always reminded of our crooked smiles instead of the sincerity of our hearts.

Nevertheless, I say continue to live the moment. The sincerity of her heart is all that matters. If people only see the crooked smile, so be it. Maybe the crooked smile is nice, maybe the crooked smile is beautiful, maybe the crooked smile brings joy into others lives.

As for belonging, we are all children of this universe, we all belong, we will all always belong.

And I have and will always appreciate your sincerity as well as your crooked smile, because what is inside is what has mattered and it would not be any better or any different without the crooked smile.

riza said...

well we all have slightly crooked faces and happily so. no one is perfect, and frankly who wants to be?

me, i think its the best smile in the world :)