Friday, October 07, 2005

LEAN BACK

ec.cen.tric


adj.

1. Departing from a recognized, conventional, or established norm or pattern. See Synonyms at strange

2. Deviating from a circular form or path, as in an elliptical orbit.
3.
a. Not situated at or in the geometric center.
b. Having the axis located elsewhere than at the geometric center.


n.

1. One that deviates markedly from an established norm, especially a person of odd or unconventional behavior.
2. Physics A disk or wheel having its axis of revolution displaced from its center so that it is capable of imparting reciprocating motion.



People do have their moments of eccentricity. Taken to an extreme level, they may be what the rest of the 'normal' community (would) call nutheads, mental cases. Because they display 'unconventional behaviour'. Most of the time, it's simply because they are different, or do things their own way.

But where is this fine line that separates justifiable actions and an outburst of sillyness? Is it manifested in some life manual the accepted human behaviour? What if spur of the moments are the elements in keeping you sane, to be able to have claimed that you did something stupid, but fun at the same time? Is it an age factor that you are not supposed to do certain things? Are there any rules (on how) to ease up? What is 'normal'?

Thinking back, I've been called an eccentric (by a friend) once, just by observing the way I eat (?). I like that my phone is in parallel with my (disinfected) laptop. Today I'm wearing a red band-aid on my finger, because I feel like it. Would you look at me differently? I got one bewildered look so far....it became a source of amusement for me.

So, my friend, care to amuse me further? :D


No comments: